By Steve Woodfield
Tis the season of mistletoe, snowmen, and sleigh bells. Getting organized is the best way to ensure you’ll have more holiday cheer and less holiday stress! We have a few tips to help you plan a perfect Christmas by getting organized.
- Shop online. With many sales popping up, it’s a great time to start thinking about everyone on your holiday shopping list. Shop online to get great deals and avoid the crowds!
- Make lists. Make a list of everything you’ll need for the holidays, including food, decorations and gifts. Double check your list to make sure you didnt forget anything, as you think of new things add it to your list.
- Start decorating. It’s time to start getting the house looking festive. Decide on the type of tree you are going to have, arrange the decorations and decorate your tree with your family.
- Set budgets. Work out a rough budget of expected Christmas costs as early as possible and set a limit on the cost of presents for each person.
- Start early. Bake holiday desserts, like pie crust, 2 weeks in advance, and then store in the freezer.
- Plan your events. If you haven’t already agreed on venues for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day with friends and family its best to get this agreed upon as early as possible.
- Be prepared. Try to keep a few spare gifts at home which will make good last minute gifts for anyone you may have forgotten about.
- Start mailing. It’s time to start mailing out your out-of-town gifts and cards. Try to have your gifts in the mail by December 10.
- Put activities on a calendar. If you have children in school put their holiday activities on the calendar as well as any upcoming parties.
- Wrap gifts as you buy them. This will keep those little eyes from finding out what Santa is bringing. It also saves time on Christmas Eve!
- Deep clean your house. You’ll enjoy your decorations even more when the floors are cleaned and the kitchen is organized.
- Start baking, cooking and enjoy the holidays with your friends and family.
(Visited 572 times, 1 visits today)