While Black Friday will have its fair share of truly astounding online deals, Cyber Monday (December, 1st 2014) is a day when online retailers take centre stage. Many retailers designate special deals just for Cyber Monday, and the online shopping event is expected to be bigger than ever this year. To make the most of this opportunity to realize incredible online savings, check out these 5 helpful tips.
1. With nearly every online retailer participating in Cyber Monday, it can be difficult to know where to start. We suggest starting at sites which have been historically impressive during Cyber Monday. In the past, the best sites for Cyber Monday have been BestBuy for electronics, Gap, OldNavy and Levis for clothes, Kohl’s, Macy’s and Target for department store selections, and of course, Amazon for general shopping.
2. Timing is key on Cyber Monday. Some deals only last for an hour or two and some retailers only have a limited amount of stock available at such low price points leading to instantaneous sell-outs. If you are keen on finding the best deal on Cyber Monday, you might try checking popular sites right at the stroke of midnight (UTC-05:00) as many deals activate right as Monday begins. You are also advised to research Cyber Monday deals in advance of the start of Cyber Monday.
3. Cyber Monday is especially geared towards three categories of items: electronics, toys & games, and clothing. So if any of these things are on your list as gifts or for yourself, you will definitely want to be hunting for those on Cyber Monday.
4. Have an idea in mind as to what you want to buy. Cyber Monday moves at a fast pace, and if you spend too much time figuring out exactly what it is you want, you could miss out on the best deals.
5. Sign up for email alerts from your favourite websites. This is a great way to get coupon codes and sneak peeks in the lead up to Cyber Monday to reap even greater savings. If you don’t want your email account filling up with flyers and spam, create a separate junk email account.